WOOLAVINGTON VILLAGE HALL STANDARD CONDITIONS OF HIRE
(If there is any doubt as to their meaning consult the Booking Secretary for clarification)
Please sign the top form and return to the Bookings Secretary as an indication that you have read and agree to these conditions (Cheques should be made payable to Woolavington Village Hall).
1. THE HIRER shall, during the period of hiring, be responsible for Supervision of the premises, the fabric and the contents of the hall, and their care, the behaviour of all persons using the premises and proper supervision of car parking arrangements so as to avoid obstruction of the highway. Also indicate disabled parking facilities. Any breakages or accidental damage (scuffed paintwork etc) should be reported to the Maintenance Officer, immediately, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone. 2. THE HIRER shall not sub-let or use the premises for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way, nor do anything to bring onto the premises, anything that may endanger the same, or invalidate any insurance policies in respect thereof.
3. THE HIRER shall be responsible for obtaining all licences that may be needed, and for observance of all other regulations appertaining to the premises stipulated by the Fire Authority, Local Authority, Magistrates Court or otherwise. Hirers who intend seeking a licence for the sale of alcohol on the premises MUST inform the Booking Secretary of their intention and then notify the Booking Secretary of the outcome of any such application. (This is to ensure compliance with the terms of the Licensing Act 2003).
4. THE HIRER shall indemnify the Committee for the cost of repair of any damage done to any part of the property including curtilage thereof, or the contents of the building as a result of the hiring. The hall insurance does not cover hirers’ equipement or injury.
5. THE HIRER cancelling a booking before the event, and there being no replacement booking made, any repayment of the fee in whole or part shall be at the discretion of the Committee.
6. THE HIRER at the end of the Hiring shall be responsible for leaving the premises and surrounds in a clean and tidy condition. Floors should be swept or vacuumed as necessary. Items temporarily removed should be returned to their normal position. Radiator thermostats should be returned to mid position (3) if adjusted during the hire.
7. THE HIRER shall ensure that all bulk rubbish associated with the hire must be removed from the premises. This particularly applies to any food waste that would otherwise attract vermin. Recycled items i.e. glass/plastic/cans should also be removed.
8. THE HIRER must not adjust or tamper with heating control time switches. The boost button may be used.
9. THE HIRER’S attention is drawn to requirements of Health & Safety at Work Acts and other legislation which may impose duties in respect of Hirer, persons they employ or affected thereby.
10. THE HIRERshould familiarise themselves of any restrictions displayed on the main notice boards in the main foyer or the Belcher room foyer
HIRERS of the Main Hall or Lounge should be aware that the kitchen is a facility common to both rooms and may have to be shared. When holding a function in the Belcher Room, Lounge or Library, hirers should use the relevant main entrance to each of these rooms, especially when the Main Hall is in use. Entry to these rooms via the Main Hall when it is in use, should only be made in the case of an emergency.
NOTES THAT MAY HELP YOU IN YOUR USE OF THE VILLAGE HALL
ELECTRICITY:Should the power fail; emergency lighting will automatically cut in. This will illuminate the Hall to allow safe evacuation in an emergency. The fuse box is situated in the library behind the bar. An emergency light will allow inspection and resetting of the trip switch should this be the cause of the failure. If in any doubt please contact an officer of the Committee, names of which are on display on the main notice boards.
MAIN HALL LIGHTING: The main hall lighting control panel (zoned lighting) is located in the bar area. This is illuminated by a PIR controlled light.
NOTE Having turned main hall lights off they will fade over a period of 20 seconds giving ample time to leave the building. The tiny rocker switch on the bottom right of the small control panel will enable the user to dim or brighten the main hall lights as required
FIRE ALARM: The alarm panel for the whole building is located in the bar area by the library entrance. Should the alarm be activated and having established that there is no fire, de-activate the alarm by pressing the button above number 1 first and then the button above number 2 on the panel. This should silence the alarm. Button 3 can be pressed to reset the system but only after all call points have been checked. If 3 is pressed and the alarm is reactivated, just press 1 & 2 to silence alarm. The use of disco smoke machines is NOT recommended.
TELEPHONE:There is no telephone in the Village Hall. A public call box is just across the road.
WIFI: Available throughout the building. The Belcher room has a hotspot extender. Logon details are displayed in each room.
KEYS:Contact the Booking Secretary before the hire to confirm current key safe security number.